Today is Try It Out Tuesday! Let’s be honest, I’m not the most original person. But I sure do love trying out cool ideas I’ve seen. I keep having moments of creativity, so when I get an idea I definitely will share it, but for the most part this segment will be me mostly sharing with you cool things I’ve tried to make!
First off I tried making a Brown Sugar Body Scrub. When my sister-in-law and I went for manicures last week, one of the luxurious parts was the brown sugar scrub that they used on ours hands. It felt so good. My hands were so soft afterwards, I realized I must have looked hilarious touching them so much! Then I remembered that I had found a recipe on Pinterest for a Brown Sugar Scrub (original idea here).
I made about a third of the recipe since I had never tried it before and wanted to make sure if was actually nice! I had been saving some of my empty jars of Olay Cream for such a time as this, so I pulled one of them out.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (I has some dried older sugar that I can’t really use for baking that I used for this)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
I didn’t have any liquid honey, so I microwaved my creamed honey for 8 seconds. Then mixed everything together in a bowl.
I put it in my Olay and far and tried it out. It felt so good! Definitely had the same qualities as the Salon product, for a much more affordable price!
When I make this again, I am going to try putting a scent in it, like vanilla or citrus or something. I feel like the scrub feels wonderful, but is lacking the delicious smelling quality! I was reading some ideas and one person added a little vanilla extract and a little coconut extract.
This was a very simply and fun little project and is such a great gift idea for the future!
Try it out! 🙂
Ok I have one other thing for you to try this week. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit. I can’t delay it because they were simply so delicious, and fairly healthy!
Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins (original recipe here)
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup bran cereal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- walnuts (optional)
- Combine flour, oats, bran cereal, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, honey and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Add as many chocolate chips as desired. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy trying out these fun little things. Here is a quick encouragement for you on this Tuesday. Last night my husband and I were reading in Psalm 32, and a reason for great joy stuck out to me. Verse one states,
Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight!
If you know Jesus, you have been forgiven and your sin and been put out of sight. What glorious joy we have in that fact that we have eternal life with our Maker! May nothing steal our joy today! Have a very blessed Tuesday!