Good Morning to all my beloved readers! I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk Blog. Check out the rest of this week’s celebrations!
1. Yesterday I announced that My Red & Purple Life is hosting the Celebrating Family Photo Contest! I am so excited about this, and I really hope you take the time to join in and enter for a chance to have a feature done on your family. This is a great opportunity to encourage people about the importance of investing into others!
2. Monday my husband was home sick after battling a brutal bout of the stomach flu. We were up most of the night on Saturday while he threw up. So Monday was a much-needed rest day for us. We spent Caleb’s first nap back in bed sleeping, and the second watching a movie. It was so good to rest and relax!
3. I tried making this extremely delicious, visually impressive, but extremely simple supper: Braided Broccoli, Cheddar and Chicken. We really enjoyed it. You can find the recipe here.
4. We indulged in President’s Choice Brownie Ice Cream. Well, I did. I needed some motivation while my household was sick, so I went out and bought it. It’s unbelievably delicious. Just don’t eat it with really hot tea, my teeth ached from the extremes I was putting my mouth through!
5. Okay, I could have had three points about my son Caleb, but I’m combining them all into one so as to not bore you with too much information on him! This week he cut his first tooth (you can’t see much of it yet), ate Cheerios for the first time and went out for coffee with just me. It was adorable. He sat in the high chair at Tim Horton’s, ate his snack, and talked in his language about everything he saw. He’s so precious and has just been an even extra blessing this week to us!
Thankfulness is the key to contentment! Celebrate the simple things you experience in life. Find strength in joy.
Be bold and share with the world your top moments of the week!
Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!