Good Morning! I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk Blog. Check out her page to read more High Five For Friday posts!
1. You Are My I Love You – I found yet another book this week that I love, but cannot read to Caleb without crying. It’s so precious. I dare you to read this out loud without tearing up! I’ve included the poem below.
I am your parent you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild
I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle
I am your audience, you are my clown
I am your London Bridge, you are my falling down
I am your Carrot Sticks, you are my licorice
I am your dandelion, you are my first wish
I am your water wings, you are my deep
I am your open arms, you are my running leap
I am your way home, you are my new path
I am your dry towel, you are my wet bath
I am your dinner you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake
I am your finish line, you are my race
I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace
I am your favourite book, you are my new lines
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine
I am your lullaby, you are my peek-a-boo
I am your kiss goodnight, you are my I love you
2. Ice Cream Cake – Last night we had one of our couple friends over to celebrate her birthday. I successfully made a Oreo Ice Cream cake, that they flattered me by saying way competitive with Dairy Queen! ha!
3. We celebrated Valentine’s Day on Wednesday. If you haven’t read yesterday’s post, then you don’t know that I’ve had a really long week! So I didn’t last too long out for supper. We didn’t leave until Caleb fell asleep (then my sister stayed with him). We got our food, ate and then I could hardly stay awake. It was nice to take that time out of the week. One of my favourite parts of that supper was that Montana’s now serves their drinks out of mason jars. I loved the look of it! If you click on the image below you can read a little article on when you can use these as glasses, and when you can’t!
4. Focus on the Family Parenting Podcast was so helpful to me this week! It’s only five minutes long, and held just nuggets of gold truth! You can listen to one of the episodes right here. This one was encouraging moms to find their own creative style of mothering, and not try to be someone they aren’t. It was a great reminder to me to stop comparing myself to other moms and embrace my personality and the gifts God has given me.
5. Caleb – When will he not be in my High Five? This boy is stealing more and more of my heart every single day (I didn’t think I had any heart left to steal)! This week he started doing this hilarious thing where he slaps his lips together to make this faint sound, then laughs. His cheeks still right out like a little chipmunk. It’s adorable. I can’t imagine not spending every day with him! In this picture he’s where this adorable little sweater that says “mommy’s football all-star”. Too cute!
Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!