Oh sleepless nights. We’ve had a lot of those lately. I’ve been thinking of a few very nonspiritual methods for feeling awake. Yes, I have done all of these.
- Citrus Body Wash – if you get a few minutes to shower the scent of oranges definitely does something for invigorating your body, albeit temporarily. If you don’t have time to shower…wash your hands with it?
- Buy a new eye concealer. It usually tingles differently the first few times. Even if it doesn’t hide your bags, it’s nice to feel as though you’re trying.
- Pinch your cheeks. Honestly. I think it’s been working for me lately. And if your cheeks get ready and blotchy, you can try out some of that new concealer on them.
- Breathe in a new type of coffee. When I’m really tired I grind up my Vanilla Hazelnut beans, it’s a delicious aroma therapy.
- Do something for yourself and let your child do something they aren’t usually allowed to. I let Caleb rip up a whole book. It was so worth it to drink my coffee in quiet. I just pretended I didn’t notice. I will probably regret it later when he rips up something I love!
Ok so maybe some of these aren’t the best ideas! What works for you?